Nominate for Educational Leadership
The AUSTAFE Queensland Educational Leadership Award recognises educational leadership in the vocational education and training system. The award is presented by AUSTAFE Queensland to an individual who has made an outstanding contribution to vocational training and education over and above that which is expected by virtue of their employment. The award is for educational leadership rather than management or supervision and is open to all educational staff up to and including senior officers.
All shortlisted nominees for the award will receive:
- 1 year free AUSTAFE membership
- A certificate of recognition
The winner of the AUSTAFE 2023 Queensland Educational Leadership Award will also receive:
- A certificate of recognition
- Sponsorship funding to attend professional development
Note: The winner will also receive the prizes awarded to all shortlisted nominees
SELECTION PROCESS and KEY DATES
01 September 2023 Applications for AUSTAFE Queensland 2023 Educational Leadership Award open
30 September 2023 Closing date for nominations
14 October 2023 Shortlisting process completed and nominees notified. Shortlisted AUSTAFE Queensland 2023 Educational Leader Award nominees will be invited to attend the presentation gala dinner held at resturant 66 on Ernest – TAFE Queensland South Bank campus 02 November 2023.
02 November 2023 Announcement and presentation to the Educational Leadership recipient at the gala dinner presentation event at 66 on Ernest – South Bank
Award applications are required to address the following criteria:
- Focuses strategically, evidenced by achievement in the state, national and/or international arena.
- Builds organisational capability and responsiveness in delivery to students and/or industry clients.
- Demonstrates innovative approaches to education delivery including partnerships and strategic alliance and implementation of new services
- Negotiates persuasively
Response against the selection criteria is an essential part of the short-listing process for the award. It is important to address each selection criteria specifically ensuring that examples are provided from applicants current or past role(s) which demonstrate how each criterion has been met. Response is to be limited to two pages. The STAR model may be of assistance when writing responses:
- Situation – provide a brief outline of the situation or setting
- Task – outline what was done
- Approach or action – outline how it was done
- Result – describe the outcomes
Applications need to include the following:
- Complete and submit the online form (below)
- Response to selection criteria (Submit below)
- Nominee’s current resume (Submit below)
- The nominee must be able to demonstrate significant achievement against the criteria.
- This process is available to all educational staff up to and including senior officers.
- Prizes are non-transferable.
- The consent of the nominee must be obtained prior to their nomination.
- This annual award will be presented to members from Queensland each year.
- The award winner will be determined by a selection panel formed by the AUSTAFE Queensland Executive.
- The award cannot be awarded to the same person more than once.
- Presentations will be made at the AUSTAFE Gala dinner
AUSTAFE Queensland reserves the right to reject any nomination not complying with the guidelines and selection criteria.
Please use GOOGLE CHROME to complete and submit this form.